Categories and Types of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories and types of personal information:
- Contact information: your first and last name, postal address, email address, and phone number;
- Other identifying information: IP address, social media user names, passwords and other security information for authentication and access;
- Financial information to be sent to third-party payment processors: credit card, debit card and bank account information; billing address;
- Profile and account information, which may include Contact, Financial, and Preference information as well as your account password, wish list items, items in your online shopping cart or saved for future purchase, registry information, product review information, gift card information, your marketing and contact preferences, and other information about your profile or account;
- Demographic information: gender, age, birthdate, due date (when disclosed);
- Geolocation data;
- Internet, Device, or other electronic activity: your browsing, search and click history, including Internet protocol (IP) addresses, information about how you navigate within our services, when and how you access our services, the websites you visit before landing and after exiting our website, and which elements of our services you use the most;
- Commercial information: products purchased or viewed on our website; the contact information of the recipient of your purchase;
- Audio and visual information: your videos and photos;
- Communications and interactions: email messages, chat sessions, text messages, postal mail, and phone call recordings and transcripts; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the information that we collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services, and experiences. We also may combine any of the information that we collect or obtain.
Categories of Use
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, financial information, and commercial information to:
- Receive, process, confirm, send and track your order, subscription or registration;
- Process payments;
- Communicate with you about your order, subscription or registration;
- Determine your satisfaction with our products and services;
- Process any subscription or registration you make to one of our services; and
- Maintain your "Wish List" through your registry.
- Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, commercial information, demographic information, and geolocation data to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, demographic information, internet or other electronic activity, geolocation data, and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new products, services and offers;
- Personalize your experience on our website through services and offers;
- Provide you with targeted advertising and promotional offers;
- Run contests, promotions and sweepstakes,
- Provide you with other information from and about Million Dollar Baby Co. Brands, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of Services and Website: We use your contact information, commercial information, and internet activity and browsing history to:
- Provide and maintain functionality on our website, including our live chat or customer review features;
- Handle your customer services requests;
- Conduct research to improve our products and services; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our stores, websites and apps.
- Review and Content Creation Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, and audio and visual information to enable reviews of our products and to display content that you have created and allowed us to display on our website and services and on social media.
- Product Safety Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, and other identifying information to notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, financial information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to protect this website, our company, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- Legal Purposes: We use your information to defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; and address legal and regulatory compliance.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect information from the following sources:
- Directly from you. We collect contact and demographic information directly from you. We also collect payment information from you.
- From other brands within Million Dollar Baby Co Brands.
- From our wholesale retail partners, when purchasing our products, including personal information to fulfill your order.
- From social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our website or that share or allow you to share information with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, and Instagram. For example, if you use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks in connection with our website (e.g., to log into an account, or to share inspiration, purchases, and other content with others on social media), we will collect the information that you share with us, or that those social media platforms or networks share with us. For more information about social media platform and network privacy practices, please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use;
- From other third parties, such as service providers that we use, analytics companies, data aggregators, advertising networks and cooperatives, demographic companies, third parties that provide us with information about you and the different devices you use online;
- From you passively. We collect Internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the Advertising and Online Tracking section below.
We may combine information you give us online or in our stores. We may also combine that information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with third parties. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you directly about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional and commercial purposes.
When We Share Personal Information
We share personal information with:
Our Service Providers
We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, data analysis and management, promotional services, customer service, quality assurance, etc. We call them our Service Providers. We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
We use Shopify to power our online store: you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information at https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We may share personal information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with any Million Dollar Baby Co Brand.
We may share personal information with parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party.
Law Enforcement and Courts
In certain instances we may disclose your contact information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to Million Dollar Baby Co. or to others. We may also disclose your contact information when we believe the law or legal process requires it.
Social Media Platforms and Networks
Advertising and Online Tracking
If you would like to opt out of accepting cookies altogether, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, certain features of our web sites or other services may not work if you delete or disable cookies.
We use Google Analytics on our web sites to collect usage data, to analyze how users use the web sites and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Browsing Session Information
We use technology that maintains a record of your browsing session. We use this information for quality control, customer service, fraud prevention and security, and marketing purposes.
Advertising and Online Tracking
Your Choices and Access Rights
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive direct marketing from us or from our Select Partners, please let us know. Your choices include:
- Online Advertising. You can manage third party advertising preferences for many of the third parties we work with to serve advertising across the Internet by using the choices available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and https://www.aboutads.info/choices. We do not guarantee that all third parties we work with will honor the elections you make using those options, but we strive to work with third parties that do.
- Email Choices. You can opt-out of marketing or advertising emails by utilizing the "unsubscribe" link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails you receive from us. You may also request to opt-out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the "Contacting Us" Section below, and sharing the email address at which you are receiving marketing or advertising emails.
- Telephone Choices (calls and texts). You may opt-out of receiving delivery, marketing or advertising calls or text messages by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the "Contacting Us" section below, and sharing the phone number that you would like to opt-out. For text messages, you also may be able to text "STOP" in response to a text message that you receive.
- Access Requests. If you have registered for an online account, we allow you to access and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your online account and using the features and functionalities available there. Unless alternate procedures are noted for your state in the “State-Specific Rights” section below, you may also make a request for access to personal information by sending an email or writing to us at the address specified in the “Contacting Us” section below. We are not able to grant all access requests, and we may request additional information from you to verify your identity before accommodating an access request. Please note that any request to update your personal information may take up to 10 days for your email request and 6-8 weeks for your postal mail request.
State Specific Rights. You may have additional rights in the state in which you reside. “State-Specific Rights” section below for more information.
Please note that when you make a purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email, even if you have opted out of marketing from us. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah or Virginia, you may have certain privacy rights under the applicable privacy laws in your state (“State Privacy Laws”). This section describes those rights and how you can exercise them with Million Dollar Baby Co Brands.
Depending on your state of residence, you may have the following rights:
- Know/Access. Request access to the specific pieces of personal information collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
- Request deletion of your personal information that we have collected from you. We may retain personal information as required or permitted by law, and will maintain a copy of your deletion request.
- Request disclosure of the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources from which we collect that information, the purposes for which we collect, sell or disclose that information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share the information
- Opt-Out (“Do Not Sell My Information”). Opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information.
Right to Know, Right to Deletion and Right to Correct
You can request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold. You can also request that we delete your personal information. You may also request that we correct certain inaccurate information that we have about you.
We may not delete all of your personal information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents; preserve the integrity or security of systems; or investigate, report, or prosecute those responsible for any such action;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud, harassment, malicious or deceptive activities, or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; to assist another party with any of its obligations under applicable privacy laws; or
- Internal Use: to use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our services).
Please note that if we delete your personal information, many of our services will not work the same. Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Returns: We will not have the ability to look up your receipt or order in our system. In order to process a return or refund, we will require proof of purchase from the customer and if the customer is unable to provide proof of purchase, the transaction will be treated as an unreceipted return in accordance with our return policy.
- Customer Service: Our ability to handle customer service requests may be limited. We will not have the ability to look up prior orders or account information and may request proof of purchase in order to service your needs.
- Online Account & Shopping: Your online account will no longer exist. Your shopping cart items, order history, saved addresses, saved recipes and any other saved preferences in your online account will no longer be available.
- Recalls: We will no longer be able to contact you via email, regular mail, or phone about product recalls related to products you purchased, unless you provided your information to us by returning a product registration card attached to a durable infant product.
- Marketing Communications: We will no longer be able to provide you with any marketing communications directly from our family of brands, including personalized marketing communication such as information about new products, services and offers tailored to your interests.
- Opt-Outs: Previous opt-out requests will not be saved.
To submit a request to access/know, a request to correct or a request to delete, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-855-969-5065. In order to verify your identity, you will need to provide at least three of the following pieces of your information: name, telephone number, e-mail address, mailing address, and last transaction amount. We will match this information to the information on our systems. For an online request to delete, we will also send you a second verification to confirm that you want your information to be deleted.
If you wish to make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your information. We will maintain a record of your request to know or request to delete. For a faster way to correct your information, you may go to your personal account profile to correct it yourself.
Do Not Sell or Share/Use My Personal Information for Targeted Advertising
Personal Information that We Sell or Share/Use for Targeted Advertising
Under California law, “share” means disclosing your personal information by us to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising, in exchange for money or anything else of value. Thus, when we use the term “share” under this section, we are using it in the narrow meaning of how it is defined under California law. Other State Privacy Laws do not use the term “share,” but describe the concept as using personal information for targeted advertising.
Under the laws of California, Colorado, Connecticut and Utah, “sell” means exchanging your personal information by us with a third party for money or anything else of value. Under Virginia law, “sell” is the exchange of personal information for money only.
Through our participation in digital advertising networks and in connection with our Select Partners, we may sell or share/use for targeted advertising, the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers and contact information
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California and federal law;
- Internet/electronic activity;
- Purchase or Commercial information; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, preferences, behavior and attitudes.
We do not knowingly sell or share/use for targeted advertising the personal information of minors under the age of 16.
Right to Opt Out of Sale or Sharing/Using Your Personal Information for Targeted Advertising
You can opt-out of us selling or sharing/using your personal information for targeted advertising for online activity by enabling an opt out preference signal for a browser or plug-in that makes it clear that such signal is meant to have the effect of opting you out of the sale and sharing of your Personal Information. To opt out of online and offline selling or sharing, please email us at email@example.com or call toll free 1-855-969-5065.
Note that if you are logged into your online account, we will process such request for offline sales also, but if we only can identify your device or browser, we will only be able to apply the request to that specific device or browser and only for cookie or pixel-based selling and sharing. Note that if you clear your cookies, your opt out request will no longer be saved for that browser.
We do not “sell” or “share” Sensitive Personal Information (as defined under State Privacy Laws).
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under State Privacy Laws and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your rights under State Privacy Laws.
Requests from Authorized Agents
In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof mailed to the address below so that it is received prior to the time the agent makes the request on your behalf. Please notify us by email if you intend to designate an authorized agent.
Right to Opt out of Profiling
If you are a resident of Colorado, Connecticut or Virginia, you have a right to opt out of any form of automated processing performed on personal information to evaluate, analyze or predict personal aspects related to your economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements (“Profiling”). To submit a request to opt out of Profiling that is not cookie-based or digital advertising-based Profiling, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-855-969-5065. In order to verify your identity, we will send you a verification email. To opt out of cookie-based or digital advertising-based Profiling, please opt out of the selling/sharing of your information for targeted advertising, as described above. Note that if you opt out of profiling, your experience with our brands will be less personalized.
We will not be able to opt you out of Profiling where one of the following exceptions applies:
- Legal: to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations; to comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by governmental authorities; to cooperate with law enforcement; to investigate, exercise, prepare for or defend actual or anticipated legal claims; or to assist another party with any of its obligations under applicable laws;
- Security: to prevent, detect, protect against, or respond to security incidents, identity theft, fraud, harassment, or malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity; preserve the integrity or security of systems; or investigate, report, or prosecute those responsible for any such action;
- Improvement of Services and Products/Internal use: to conduct internal research to improve, repair or develop products, services or technology;
- Transactional: to provide a product or service specifically requested by you; to complete a transaction with you or to complete a contract we have with you; and
- Public Interest: to protect your vital interests or those of another individual.
Right to Appeal
If you are a Colorado, Connecticut or Virginia resident and we were unable to fulfill your request, you may appeal our request by contacting us within fourteen days of our decision, and submitting an appeal request, with a detailed reason for your appeal, as well as your state of residence.
Sensitive Personal Information
We do not collect or process Sensitive Personal Information, as defined State Law, for inferring characteristics or use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those permitted by law.
If you have any questions about these state-specific privacy practices, please contact us.
Million Dollar Baby Co.
8700 Rex Rd.
Pico Rivera, CA 90660
Toll free: 1-855-969-5065
Other Notices and Disclosures
- Links to Other Websites and Services. Our website or emails may provide links to other Internet sites, content or videos (embedded or direct links) maintained by third parties. We are not responsible for the sites, content, or videos accessed via the links, and we have not reviewed the privacy practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of those third parties.
- Browser Do Not Track Signals. While we strive to offer you choices when you use our website, we do not promise that we will be able to receive or honor web browser Do Not Track signals.
- Children’s Privacy. Our services are generally not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under 13 without verifiable parental consent. If you become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, please let us know so we can take appropriate action.
Security and Fraud
In proportion to the sensitivity of the information, we maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and/or physical safeguards and appropriate security measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information you provide. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information, as no electronic data transmission or storage of information is completely secure. If an incident is reported affecting your information, we will investigate and comply with all required reporting obligations.
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through email.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
A copy of our photography release agreement for user-generated content can be found here.
Million Dollar Baby Co.
8700 Rex Rd.
Pico Rivera, CA 90660
Toll free: 1-855-969-5065
Last Updated: January 1, 2023