In partnership with Babyletto.
"Set yourself up to be taken care of because unfortunately, we do live in a place where Black and Brown women aren't really taken care of as well as white-presenting women.'"
Denisse Myrick (@chasingdenisse) is an award-winning photographer, influencer, entrepreneur, and mother who has used her platform to advocate for social justice and more including topics on Black Lives Matter, Black motherhood, diversity, and mental health.
She sat down with us to discuss her own experience with Black motherhood from the start of her pregnancy to her parenting journey.
Watch our chat with Denisse:
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:26 Denisse's Pregnancy Journey
- 06:06 Planning Denisse's Nursery
- 10:02 Denisse's Birth Story
- 16:16 How Denisse Builds Community
- 26:39 Denisse's Parenting Journey
- 32:45 Motherhood & Parenting a Multi-Racial Child
- 42:49 Hopes for the Future & Final Thoughts
To learn more about Black motherhood and maternal health, visit: